The United Nations Global Compact is an international initiative that promotes the implementation of 10 main principles classified in four blocks.
Salpax became a member of the Global Compact, expressing publicly its commitment with all the following principles:
We express our highest commitment with the goal of support and respect the protection of Human Rights, both in the company workplace and also in our closest influence focal point. Moreover, we pay special attention to the non-violation of any fundamental right that may be affected by our activity development.
The most important asset of our company is our employers. People respect and the care of their rights is one of our priorities.
Salpax is characterised by taking care of the environment, is one of the company’s values and we are very proud of it:
The origin of the company was born out of the tanning industry wastes use. We lend a new value to these leather wastes when we recycle them. Our worry about look after the environment, led us to the need to create new products in which the use of our own waste is brought back into the manufacturing process.
During our recycled leather production the water is the main mean of fiber transport, which entails a high consumption. We are aware of aquifers over-exploitation and water scarcity, so we designed and built our own purification water system years ago, which allows us a reuse of 80%.
Our products air emissions in all our centers are well below the limits stipulated by European regulations.
Our strongest ethical commitment to society is to work and fight against corruption in all its forms.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of the internationally proclaimed Human Rights, within their area of influence.
2. Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in Human Rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4. Businesses should support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5. Businesses should support the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Businesses should support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9. Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
All rights reserved ©2019 / Salpax, S.A. / Tel. +34 96 582 00 92 / Villena-Onteniente Road, Km 5,2 / Zip code: 03409, CAÑADA (Alicante) ESPAÑA